Sunday, March 17, 2013

REVIEW: The Incredible Burt Wonderstone

Not a whole lot of interesting movies have been coming out lately, but there was one that came out last week, and I felt like I didn't need to say anything about Oz The Great and Powerful because that movie is taking off with loads of money right now.

And if you're one of those people that hasn't seen it yet...well, you probably don't care either way.

Either way, I thought it was pretty cool!

Anyways!



It was alright. It's fine. It fills the space. I laughed a few times.

There, that's all I feel like I really need to say about this movie.

Oh....I guess you want something a little more in depth, huh? I'm not sure if this movie really deserves it, but, since you asked and I like you so much and you also probably don't exist, I'll go more into this movie.

Ummmmmm........

So, there's this guy who wants to be a magician when he's a kid. He also makes a friend and they become partners and stuff. These two kids grow up to be Steve Carell and Steve Buscemi with a famous magic show called The Incredible Burt Wonderstone and some other guy. But, after a couple of years of doing the same thing over and over again, Burt gets tired of this whole schtick, the other guy is getting fed up with Burt's grumpiness and then there magic show falls apart. In order to get things right back on track, Burt has to learn to not be a complete jerk all the time.

Also, Jim Carrey plays a magician who's not really a magician; his acts are mostly made up of him torturing himself in various ways like holding in his urine for a couple of weeks, lying on coal over night, etc...actually, these are some of the funniest parts in the movie, and it has a laugh out loud pay off towards the end.

Other than that, most of the movie was mostly made up of chuckles and me thinking "Man! Olivia Wilde sure is hot!"

Actually, the movie is pretty funny, it's just not entirely special or memorable or...really anything. It's got all the formulaic beats going for it and you can pretty much guess exactly what's going to happen in the movie just from the small plot description that I gave, but, for what it's worth, I had a decent time and there were audible laughs coming from the audience, so it kept people awake all the way through.

Hey! Towards the beginning, it's got that kid from Diary of a Wimpy Kid who actually plays a bully now, and he's actually really good at it! Then again, he's kind of a bully in the film he's famous for, but, this is the kind of kid he actively makes fun of in his diary in the other movie. Well, I thought it was interesting at least.

Also, how come no matter what happens, it's the second guy that never really seems to get the happy ending, even though they are the nicer guy throughout the entire thing? I mean, Carell kind of says the meanest things towards Wilde, but then he redeems himself from being a jerk to being only kind of sort of a jerk, but he gets the happy ending with the girl? Ok, fine, sure, maybe Buscemi looks a little too much like...well, Buscemi, but, still....We have to end this mistreatment towards secondary characters once and for all!

Ok, now I'm just filling up space. Bottom line, if you're just looking for an easy, fun film that will give you a couple of laughs, you'll probably get a bit of a fix with this movie. Otherwise....well, if you haven't seen Oz The Great and Powerful, I'd think you'd get a little bit more of your moneys worth through that movie. I'm not sure if anything too interesting is coming out until next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment