Saturday, May 24, 2014

Days of Future Past

So, I'm not entirely sure how this happened. I mean, it only takes until now just to see people start talking about it. I wasn't even born when these guys came around, and though there days of glory are long gone, they've always carried a legacy to which I've known about for a while. So, I'm a bit confused when people are only talking about this now, especially with film critics, and how they found it to be really good. Um, yeah, sure! Didn't we already know that it was good for a long time now? As far as I know, they haven't done anything special in a while, so I'm a bit perplexed as to why people are choosing now to talk about it.

But, whatever. Since film critics are talking about it and that I usually like to fall in line with what film critics are talking about, I'll play along. So, here is my review of Days of Future Passed by the Moody Blues.


So, I'm pretty sure we all know about this by now. These guys really put an emphasis on orchestra in rock songs. It has some pretty good songs on here, I have a particular affection for Twilight Time, but this album is most widely known for that one song, Nights in White Satin. I do like the melody of the song and there's a pretty kick ass flute solo in the song. Then, for no reason at all, there's spoken word poetry at the end. And then it literally ends with a bang...of a gong. I honestly think this song is there weakest one from the album, but, for whatever reason, that was the one that took off. Besides a pretty pretentious overture at the beginning(I mean, these guys must have really been trying to sell the idea of making there music seeming just as important and noteworthy as the serious music most orchestra snobs would probably be listening to), I do really like this album. All of the songs are pretty well written and, though I haven't listen to many of the songs on here in a while, I can still remember most of them for the most part. A lot of them are catchy, easy to sing along to, and...yeah, I kind of don't have a lot to say about this.

But, honestly, we all already know about this album, I don't even know why I decided to talk about it...or why everyone else has, especially film critics. You would think they would review the latest movie that came out and not an album that's been out for long while.

Alright! So, I did my part on this. Maybe, next time, all of the critics won't have their heads up their own bums and actually talk about a movie for once...ya know, a movie I could talk about also.

No comments:

Post a Comment